Finally these Every Season socks - that I have been knitting and wearing for years - are written in a proper form. It took a while. I actually published this pattern last fall as a Christmas sock and it got a nice welcome in Ravelry. But even though there were a mention that the pattern works well in many colours, it is not enough. This summer I knit a new pair for myself and decided to update the pattern as well. So there it is Every Season socks
I have new socks now, but before I wear them out, I wanted to photograph them. And what's a better place than Finnish Lapland. You can see where I got the inspiration - it's right there.
I used Novita Nalle yarn as main colour. The colour is called cotton. I absolutely love it. I used it in My Mandala socks as well. The colourwork is done with olive colour sock yarn and they work together well.
I have this sock in brown and white. And the ones I am working on now are black and gray. This pattern works very well. I would love to see your colour combo. Please, share your knitting joy #everyseasonsocks #thelittlefinnishknittingblog #riittamarjodesigns
Yarn suggestions similar with yardage and durability to the Finnish Lankava Mainio and Novita Nalle (260m/100g) that are easy to find in UK and US are usually 280m/100g. Look for 6ply meaning heavy sport or light DK.
Regia 6-ply (250m/100g)
Opal 6-ply (280m/100g)
Very likely to fit the pattern as well:
West Yorkshire Spinners Colour Lab sock DK (225m/100g)
Drops Fiesta (220m/100g)
The same pattern in different colours:
Comments
Post a Comment
Hi! How are you?